Methodist Church

Corbridge Methodist Church
Princes Street
Corbridge
Minister: Rev'd Jane Cook
Tel: 01661 52143

Services:
Sunday Service: 10.45 am


The Corbridge Methodist Church is part of the Tynedale Circuit which is the largest Circuit in the British Methodist Connexion. The Circuit has 30 churches and stretches from Kielder to Whitely Shield and from Halton Lea Gate to Wylam. In turn the Circuit is part of the Newcastle District.
Photo of The Methodist Church, Corbridge, Northumberland
The Service each Sunday at Corbridge is at 10.45 am and details of these and all the services in the Circuit can be found in The Plan. The Plan is produced Quarterly and is available from the Church.

The current minister for Corbridge is Rev'd Jane Cook. Jane has direct pastoral care of three churches, Corbridge, Riding Mill and Slaley.

The church was originally built by the Wesleyan Methodist Church in 1865. Other sites of Methodist interest in the town begin with the plaque at Red Arch with the date 1820. The Brethren meet in what was formerly the Primitive Methodist Church in Hill Street and the United Methodist Church [New Connexion and Bible Christians] met in what is now the Library and Tourist Information Centre. The union of the Wesleyan, Primitive and United Methodist Churches in 1932 brought about The Methodist Church we know today.